Annual Awards Banquet
Thursday, February 8, 2018
Treetops Resort Convention Center
The Gaylord Area Chamber of Commerce invites you to attend their Annual Awards Banquet. The evening will feature 8 awards presented to various community and business leaders. In addition to the Awards Ceremony, Taylar Akin, Executive Director of the Gaylord Area Chamber of Commerce will present to attendees on the Chambers status this past year as it relates to the members.
So please join us for The Gaylord Area Chamber of Commerce's Annual Awards Banquet on February 8, 2018 at Treetops Resort & Spa Convention Center from 5:30 - 8:00pm and get Connected with Your Community!
- Gordon G. Everett Memorial Bell Tower Award: Recognizing new construction and/or renovation projects that best exemplify investment in Otsego County, while maintaining the Alpine spirit and theme. This year’s winner is Scott & Janice Lampert.
- You Made It Happen Award: Given to a person, business or organization that, through exceptional contributions and/or commitment, positively affected the growth of the Gaylord community over the past year. This year’s winner is Laura Glasser Hansmann of the Alpine Regional Tennis Association.
- Patti Dobrzelewski Volunteer of the Year Award: Recognizing a community leader who donates his or her time to Chamber activities and events. This year’s winner is Ken Mattei of Wertz Warriors/Special Olympics of Michigan, for his numerous contributions to the community and Chamber.
- Chamber Ambassador of the Year Award: Presented to the Ambassador who put forth extraordinary efforts on behalf of the chamber. This year’s winner is Courtney Willits of Cutting Edge Computers.
- Chairman’s Award: Presented to a member of the Chamber of Commerce who exhibits a commitment to his or her business and the community. This year’s winner is Theresa McNamara of Dunn’s Business Solutions for valiantly supporting Chairman, Marcia Taylor.
- Golden Pineapple Award: Honoring a member of the Chamber of Commerce for their exceptional customer service. This year’s winner is the Otsego Grand Event Center.
- Daune Weiss Memorial – Businessperson of the Year Award: Given to a business owner or manager who best exemplifies Daune Weiss' generosity in giving time, money, staff and/or facilities for community benefit. This year’s winner is Marcia Taylor of Marsh-Mellow Entertainment, LLC.
- Alpenfrosteer of the Year Award: Recognizing a community leader who is actively involved with the planning and implementation of the Gaylord Alpenfrost celebration during the heart of the winter season in the Alpine Village. This year’s winner is Chris Paffi of Smith Realty Group.
Marcia Taylor, Chairwoman of the GACC Board of Directors, commented that the annual awards banquet is "a joyful event that is highly anticipated by the board every year." She added: "Our awards banquet is a wonderful time for our members, staff, and board to gather to honor our award winners and celebrate their contributions to the outstanding community we all call home."
Tickets are $40 each and are available at the Chamber’s Main Street office in Gaylord or by calling (989) 732-6333 now through February 2, 2018. You may also reserve a table of 8 for your company/organization for $320. Contact Rebecca at (989) 732-6333 or Rebecca@gaylordchamber.com to purchase. You may also register online.