JOB TITLE: Festival Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of the Gaylord Area Chamber of Commerce
HOURS: Regular Part-time Hourly – 25 hours per week average. Position requires some evenings, and weekends.
BENEFITS: Vacation Schedule according to employment policies, Simple IRA, wage determined by Executive Director.
- Working with the Alpenfest and Alpenfrost Board of Directors respectively and will assist in the planning, and implementation of the annual Alpenfest/ Alpenfrost.
- Working with the Tourism Bureau and the Downtown Merchants Association on respective festivals.
- Will be responsible for coordinating all day to day operations of Alpenfest, Alpenfrost, Snowmobile Festival, and Block-toberfest.
- Serve as the Bureau\Chamber liaison and assisting as needed with the planning and implementation of the following, but not limited to: Alpenfest, Alpenfrost, Blocktoberfest and the Snowmobile Festival and any other events as Determined by the Executive Director of the Gaylord Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Will actively seek out and assist in the implementation of new community events that generate both day trip visits and overnight visits.
- Responsible for all fundraising and sponsorship solicitation activities.
- Responsible for seeking and securing grant opportunities.
- Coordinate and attend all Event Committee and Event Board Meetings.
- Works in conjunction with respective boards to seek potential committee candidates.
- In conjunction with the Committee and Committee Chairpersons, will motivate volunteers to action.
- Attend travel and trade shows representing the Bureau and Chamber throughout the calendar year.
- Prepare all event press releases and maintain good media contacts to ensure events are well publicized.
- Manage all social media and digital advertising for all festivals.
- Ensure that staff at Gaylord Information Center and Administrative Office has necessary information to handle questions and requests for information.
- Compile and maintain files for each event including various committee reports. See that proper minutes of committees are kept and sent to committee members.
- Will attend Chamber Board/ Tourism Board meetings as requested to report status of events.
- Will assist in and understand the financial transactions of each event including income, expenses, and financial reports. This will involve working closely with the respective treasurers of each committee. These shall be shared with each committee/Board and Executive Director.
- When not coordinating logistics of the four events, duties will be designated by the respective Executive Directors.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and letters of reccomendation to email@example.com or drop off at the Information Center.
Any Questions please call 989-732-6333