Medical Assistant (MA)
Pro-Health Urgent Care and Family Practice is accepting qualified applicants for Medical Assistant.
Compensation: $18 - $20/hr.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rooming patients
- Preparing patients for examination
- Taking medical histories
- Proper charting/documentation of patients
- Assisting the physician during exams
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
- Performing basic laboratory tests
- Preparing and administering medications as directed by a physician.
- Transmitting prescription refills as directed
- Drawing blood, Start I.V drip.
- Taking electrocardiograms (EKG)
- Removing sutures and changing dressings
- Taking X-ray (training available)
- Inventory Medical Supplies (each shift)
- Check expiration dates of medicines (monthly)
- Transmittal of medical Lab and X-Ray readings as needed.
- Updating patient medical records
- Certified MA (Preferred) or 2+ year experience.
- Basic knowledge of EMR
- Proficient at all (or most) clinical responsibilities listed.
- Demonstrates excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Effective communication, integrity, stress tolerance
- Provides compassionate care and protects patient confidentiality.