Staff Engineer – Environmental Scientist
Staff Engineer – Environmental Scientist: Seeking a highly motivated individual looking for career growth with 2-5 years of environmental due diligence and hydrogeology consulting experience.
- B.S. in environmental science, geology, or engineering
- Minimum 2 years of environmental consulting experience with primary focus on field work including collecting soil/groundwater samples, sampling groundwater wells, Phase II subsurface investigations and indoor air sampling, and environmental due diligence.
- Proficient in preparing Project Sampling Reports, Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), and Phase II ESA Work Plans
- Experience preparing Baseline Environmental Assessments (BEAs) and Due Care Plans per Michigan Part 201
- 40-hr HAZWOPER
- Perform investigation field work, including soil borings, soil and groundwater sampling and contractor oversight
- Preparation of Phase I ESAs, Phase II ESA Work Plans, BEAs and Due Care Plans
- Management and preparation of Sub-Slab Soil Gas Sampling, Indoor Air Quality Investigations, Health and Safety Plans, and other environmental assessments and investigations
- Remedial Investigation Work Plan Preparation, Implementation, and Oversight
- Assist with project planning, budgeting and reporting
- Strong sense of responsibility and work ethic.
- Demonstrates excellence and efficiency in writing, communication, data analysis, professional judgment, and knowledge of scientific principles.
- Strong quality assurance/quality control skills to perform technical, style and consistency reviews.
- Ability to manage time and multiple project assignments.
- Understanding of standards, regulations, and guidance that apply to environmental due diligence.
- Working knowledge of health and safety practices.
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Ability to work independently and on a project team.