Gaylord Chamber Community Calendar
Northern Michigan Camping and RV Show
Northern Michigan RV is bringing the first annual Northern Michigan Camping and RV Show to Gaylord! January 12th-15th at The Ellison Place; 150 Dale Drive, Gaylord (former Jay’s Sporting Goods). We will be featuring the newest travel trailers, fifth wheels, and toy haulers. There will be booths with local campgrounds and on site financing available. Manufacturer representatives will be on hand to answer questions. Mike Avery will be there on Saturday from 10-12 to sign autographs.
The show is also designed as a food drive for The Refuge, a new emergency shelter located near downtown Gaylord. Admission is 3 non-perishable food items or a cash donation.
We will also be giving away a camping vacation and other prizes.
January 12 – 2pm-9pm
January 13 – 2pm-9pm
January 14 – 9am-9pm
January 15 – 12pm-5pm
Bowl Your Brains Out
Bowl all you want for one low fee, 2 rental shoes included in price. One lane up to 6 people is only $25.
Knights of Columbus Hall ~ Bingo
Knights of Columbus Hall located at 2573 Wilkinson Road, Gaylord ~ Fridays starts at 6:30 pm ~ for more information call 989-732-2651
Paint & Sip with Mary B.!
Mary will be teaching us how to paint artistic and inspired furniture during this fun Paint & Sip event! She has a few requirements listed below that will help you to be prepared in advance. If this sounds like something you would like to try, now is your chance. Mary is REALLY good at this and she is excited to share her knowledge.
Prepayment of $35 per person
Reservations are sure to fill up fast!
Call us to book your spot now at 989-939-8800
Instructions from Mary B.
Let's Paint some FURNITURE! I will lead you through the process I use to paint furniture and share my tips and tricks and ideas. Here's what YOU need to do BEFORE you show up for the Paint'n Sip-----
1. Prime your chair, small table, stool, small shelf---with LATEX primer. (Kilz, Zinnzer---or
any other brand); The priming stage is ugly---DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT! It is merely a layer to allow your 'colors' to adhere.
2. If you have a special base color you want to use and you have it or WANT to purchase it---Go For It! Mary B. will have some quarts of paint to choose from and there will be many acrylics if you choose to do an array of colors. The acrylics are best for details/drawings/designs---but also work for a base coat if need be. If you do bring your own base coat please know that latex (no oil base!) is the best to work with for this purpose or the 'new' CHALK paints----(in many different brands and small containers). ( As usual we will have tons of brushes and acrylics to use.)
3. Also---bring a shower curtain or liner (from Dollar Tree----$1.00) to place your piece on to keep our area clean. We need plastic because sometimes the paint goes through a sheet/fabric. I have learned this the hard way!
4. If you have a special BIG/larger brush you use or have lying around, bring that to paint your base coat--otherwise we will have some of those too!
5. We will have some hairdryers, but if you want to bring one of yours---go for it! This will aid in the drying process so you can get to the designs!
6. I will have oodles of photos and ideas for you to get inspired, but bring your own photos/pictures if you have an idea.
So---let's sum it up. You need to bring:
A small piece of PRIMED furniture
A PLASTIC shower curtain or liner
IF you have a special paint color for your base---bring it AND a larger brush to apply IF you already have one
Hairdryer IF that is easy----we will have 2
A great big sense of fun and design!